The total cost to raise, train, and place one of our Pawsitive PAC Service dogs with a veteran, battered woman, or physically or mentally disabled person is approximately $40,000, although there is no charge to the partner for either the dog or any associated training. If you would like to be involved in a team or puppy’s journey to becoming a service dog, please sponsor one of our PAC teams or Pups today. Your generosity will change the life of one of our clients. If you are interested in becoming a PPSF sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-940-8347
In return for your donation, you will receive recognition in our newsletter, annual report, social media, and on the puppy’s personal home page, a link to the sponsor’s website (if applicable), a standing invitation to visit and observe the puppy/dog during any regularly scheduled training session, invitations to special PPSF events, a certificate of appreciation, recognition at graduation, and a photograph of the graduating team. As well as your taxable deductions. We will also receive space on our banners at our shop as well as fight banners and fight wear of MMA fighter Keith Cassell.
While PPSF puppies live with puppy raisers, they attend weekly training classes together with our professional training staff. The puppies and their raisers also go on field trips accompanied by the trainers to work on their socialization, manners, and skills in public. A Puppy Scholarship helps offset the training costs (trainer hours, facility use, transportation, classroom supplies) during this critical period of the puppy’s learning and development.
When you sponsor a puppy, you make a donation that covers the cost of purchasing the puppy (when applicable) and most of the puppy’s basic supplies and routine care (training costs for this period are covered by our Puppy Scholarship). Although this list is not exhaustive, these are the types of things that a PPSF puppy needs and that your gift of sponsorship will help us pay for:
· Crate, bed, mat, bowls, leash and collar(s)
· Toys and chews
· Grooming supplies
· PPSF service dog vests
· Specialized training equipment
· Microchipping, licensing, and registration
· Veterinary visits, vaccinations, and medications
· Heartworm and flea/tick preventives
· Spay or neuter surgery
· Hip and elbow x-rays
· Other health screening
PPSF fulfills its mission by creating life changing partnerships between people with disabilities and service dogs. PPSF does not charge clients for their dogs or receive any government funding. We rely on the generous support of individuals, organizations, and corporations. Pawsitive Pac Service Foundation. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
We welcome corporate sponsors for financial support and for the ability to reach more people about our mission and programs. In turn, sponsoring PPSF can help a company achieve some significant benefits.
Through our corporate sponsorship program, PPSF can help companies seeking to
• Reach a new audience
• Obtain better and more media coverage
• Demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility
• Increase community awareness of its products and services
• Enhance its image with consumers and customers in creative ways
• Support our mission of empowering individuals with disabilities across Colorado and the United States
Corporate partnerships make good sense. According to a 2013 Cone Communications study:
• Over 80% of consumers say they have a more positive image of a company that supports a cause they care about.
• 89% of consumers say that price and quality being equal, they would switch to a brand or retailer associated with a good cause.
• 84% of consumers would tell their friends and family about a company’s cause related efforts.
• 87% of employees feel a strong sense of loyalty to their companies with cause programs versus 67% of those employed by companies without a cause association.
• 90% of employees whose companies have a cause program feel proud of their companies’ values versus 56% of those whose employers are not committed to a cause. • 91% of the population wants to see more products, services and retailers support worthy issues – up eight percentage points since 2010. Only 7% of the U.S. population believes corporations only need to be concerned with their bottom-line. More than 9-in-10 look to companies to support social or environmental issues in some capacity, and 88% of the population is eager to hear from companies about those efforts.
Our dogs train throughout Colorado and attend events throughout the state. Picture your company’s name on the vest of a service dog in training at a Shopping center, Professional sporting events. Malls, etc. That's only a few of the 50 plus places our dogs go.
Consider using our dogs in your print, online, and television advertising. They are remarkable to work with and they get people’s attention. According to the most recent American Pet Products Association (APPA) Survey, 62% of U.S. households own a pet, and dogs top the list as the most common household pet. In other words, that’s a large segment of the American market – your target audience.
Pawsitive Pac Service Foundation can work with companies of all sizes in creating a mutually beneficial partnership through one or more of the following:
Cause Related Marketing: Allocate a percentage of sales to receive benefits.
Employee Involvement and Investment: Organize an employee event or giving program and match the amount raised. You will receive the benefits and we can give a dog training demonstration at your company as a kickoff. For more information, contact Keith Cassell, Director of Development at 720-940-8347
Service Dog Recipient Scholarship: $12,000
Covers all expenses involved in teaching a service dog recipient to successfully work with his/her new canine partner. You will receive a certificate of appreciation with a photo of the student you sponsored and will be acknowledged at the student’s graduation ceremony.
SERVICE DOG SPONSORSHIP: $30,000
Covers all expenses for one service dog from birth through graduation. You will receive a certificate of appreciation with a photo of the dog you sponsored and will be acknowledged at the dog’s graduation ceremony.
Service Dog Team Sponsorship: $60,000
This special sponsorship opportunity allows you to sponsor the complete guide/service dog team partnership. It covers all expenses for both student and dog. You will receive an engraved plaque acknowledging your extraordinary generosity with a photo of the team you sponsored and will be acknowledged at the team’s graduation ceremony.
During the advanced training phase, we provide the dogs with room and board (including a staff member on site 24/7); food, medications, and supplies; routine and sick/emergency veterinary care; and daily private professional training as well as weekly group classes and training outings in the community. Training sponsors directly support these costs as well the intensive, one-on-one team training once the PPSF Dog has been matched with a partner. Team training costs include:
Creation of an individualized training plan and documentation for the team by the Program Director
A minimum of 120 hours of private training, including the costs of trainer, assistant, and facility use
Weekly field trips for training in public locations
Food, supplies, veterinary care, and routine preventive medications for the dog during the training period and the six-month probationary period which follows certification
Any specialized training equipment adapted for the partner’s needs
Administration of the certification examination
Six-month follow-up evaluation before ownership of the dog is transferred to the partner